Archive for the ‘Books’ Category
I seem to have some kind of bug, and the brain is not coherent enough to do the post I wanted to do, which was on the Points Plus values of various Halloween candies. I will do that post Wednesday.
Meanwhile, I received a copy of Curry: A Tale of Cooks & Conquerors, by Lizzie Collingham, which was recommended by my friend Debbie Baker. I’m looking forward to reading it one my brain defogs, and will report bak on it one I have done so.
I have managed to remain on program, even with a memorial for a friend held in a chocolate shop in Manhattan (I had one small cup of dark hot cocoa, and made it last for the whole time I was there).
Here’s a great post by wwearlybirds on eating after dinner: After Hours Munchies? In Control!.
See everyone on Wednesday!
…and let me tell you, carrying the book around should be considered part of an aerobic workout! Lisa noted that the book weighed 3 1/2 lbs. Lisa answered questions, raffled prizes (with help from Charlie the Tuna), signed books, and took pictures.
The goodie bags were nice — pink plastic Hungry Girl bags, filled with the following:
- a 5.6 oz bag of Hershey’s Simple Pleasures Smooth & Creamy candies
- a sample of Simply Snackin Dried Beef Sirloin with cranberries and blueberries
- a Vitalicious Mini VitaCake in Fudgy Chocolate
- a Weight Watchers Chocolate Pretzel Blast mini snack bar (I’ve had these, and they are delisious)
- a 1 oz. pouch of Funky Monkey Freeze-dried Fruit in Jivealime (Pineapple with lime – I found them to be too sweet after the first few pieces
- a 2.6 oz pouch of Starkist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy Tuna
- a mini cookbook from House Foods for their Tofu Shirataki Noodles
- a .8 oz bag of popchips (I got sea salt & vinegar potato chips)
- a package of 6 Flatout Foldit Flatbreads
- an 18 oz. plastic bottle of Bai5 Antioxidant Infusion (mine was Panama Peach), which claims to have natural caffeine, and to be Kosher, Vegan, Gluten & Soy free. That needs to be chilled before drinking, so it’s in the fridge, waiting to be tested.
The extra goodie for being a Weight Watchers member was a note pad
Raffle prizes included tee shirts, a basket from Weight Watchers filled with goodies, a years’ supply of Vitalicious products, a Hungry Girl thermos, and a case of Bai5.
I promised pics, so here goes:
The evening was fun, I got to do some walking, meet some nice folks while on line, and I got home at a reasonable hour What more can you ask?
If you get a chance to meet Lisa, you should definitely go.
I haven’t forgotten to post today. Today’s post will come later, as I am attending Lisa Lillien (Hungry Girl)’s book signing this evening for her new book, Hungry Girl to the Max: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook.
If anyone is in the NYC area, the book signing is tonight at 7:30 pm at the Barnes & Noble at 150 East 86th Street, New York, NY 10028. Hope to see some of you there (if you are a Weight Watchers member, bring either your membership card or your folder for a special goodie). I will be in the orange, black, and white paisley sweater and the purple clogs. If you are not in NYC, click here for her tour dates!
Will be back later, hopefully with tons of pics!